No distractions allowed today. Two objectives. One: completely revamp my resume based on the job postings I have seen. Two: do whatever possible to keep these cold symptoms from blossoming into a full-blown cold. Moderately successful so far on both counts.
Last night I finally reached my sister K. after weeks of trying. Mentioned the poor job prospects here. She jokingly said, ‘well Richard is looking for a new assistant.’ Then – immediately - she withdrew the joking aspect.
‘Would Richard actually consider me?’ I asked. Richard is one shrewd judge of people and I am an open book to him - foibles and all. I studied with him for two years (1998-1999).
My sister’s response was that I was an ideal person for the job because it is so unusual. Richard needs someone sharp enough to be able to coordinate with the Joint Chiefs of Staff on his behalf, and yet be willing to run out and deal with an issue in the vineyard. Researching the logistics of any of Richard’s new ideas one day, and taking a cat in for spaying the next. I really am ideal for the job. It would require living in the north bay of the SF region. This is near my sister, which is a great thing. (But the area is 75-90 miles from my studio in Belmont – entirely impractical for regular use. And it is the south bay that my eyes love to see.) Still, it is a fascinating job prospect that I must give serious consideration to.
~~~~~
My resume still needs two sections re-addressed and then it will be ready for The Campaign – I will send it to everyone and anyone I know here in Seattle who might be able to help me find work. The Campaign is scheduled for Monday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment