Wednesday, January 23, 2008

At least the sun is shining....

Bitterly cold this morning. When I get in my car to drive over for the sitting, the temperature is 30 degrees. But at least it is dry. Tomorrow, the temperatures will be as low, but we’ll also have precipitation.

Job hunting. Applied for two more positions – both long shots. Followed up with all the email contacts I made before my trip. A few responses begin to trickle in, but no leads yet. Tom R. calls and his first words are ‘Where’s your Bachelor’s Degree?’

Wrestling with the State Of California DMV – trying to get them to understand my vehicle is registered here in Washington. In the meantime, they are damaging my credit rating. And a letter from the building management company informs me I must sign a new lease for one year. A phone call from the dentist tells my appointment is THIS Thursday, not next Thursday. I weigh the pain I’m in against delaying to get a 2nd opinion, and decide to keep the appointment. May the teeth gods keep an eye out for me.

After typing the above, I can't help but note that it doesn't feel as dire as it sounds. It simply astonishes me that my mood rarely dips into the darkness despite these difficulties. There are far more important things to weigh these challenges against.

~~~~~

A party at Travgor's last night to visit with the CGT. So good to catch up with Paul and Bert. When we were talking with H., Paul described me as the first CGT fan. This isn't strictly true, but I know what he means. Unlike other fans who came by way of King Crimson or Guitar Craft, I encountered CGT without entering those other doors first. In fact, they were my door into this new world.

No comments: