My studio quiet is broken by Wolfe’s arrival. He wants to play a new song he’s written. It is a protest song in a gravelly Tom Waits style. He also plays one of his older instrumental pieces, a favorite of mine.
Wolfe’s studio is a study in obsessive compulsive disorder. The fire marshall has visited and ordered that a minimum three foot clearance from the ceiling be maintained. That may give you a sense of the volume of material Wolfe has managed to bring into his studio. Photographs simply do not do it justice. I made these photographs on Friday.




Here's another of my art studio neighbors, Jon Wessel, studying what I think was the Bach choral piece he'll be performing. Jon, if you read this, please note that you need to update your website with your new work!

During this visit, I'm staying with Scott & Roswitha Last night, they invited me to join them for dinner at the home of friends of theirs. Scott & Roswitha cooked much of the meal as is their tradition with this family. Scott has been experimenting with a method of cooking meat called sous-vide. I was the house photographer called upon to document the final steps of preparation. Though I did not partake of the main course, I enjoyed fine corn-on-the-cob (cooked in milk!), spelt, salad and brocollini - and got to enjoy the fine company too.
No comments:
Post a Comment