~~~
The rain slowed to the barest of drizzle. So – camera in hand – I set out to make use of the flat, simple light of an overcast sky. I barely arrived at my destination when the sun came out. This necessitated a return home to get the tool I’ve been planning to try under sunny skies – a diffusion umbrella. I must have been an entertaining sight to the passing motorists, contorting myself to hold the camera and umbrella in just the right places, while the wind did its best to blur my subjects and turn me into Mary Poppins. I worked until it was time to go home and attend to the bread dough I’d begun last night.



The afternoon brought more clouds. At this point, the data recovery tool I’d purchased was dominating the iMac as it churned away recovering my lost files - so to make use of the time, I went out again with the camera until it was time to get the bread in the oven.




Since the TTA team moved to Fremont Abbey, I have not been happy with any of the images that I've taken of Jax in that space. This is true of Howard as well. This seems to partly be the result of the lighting, and in Jax's case, the distracting 'stuff' behind her. So, last night I began to try and understand this. Unfortunately, I'd brought the wrong lens for the task, having left the macro lens on the camera. So unless I was going to photograph Jax's left nostril with the detail of a bearded iris, that lens wasn't really going to to useful. Still, I made a few...


No comments:
Post a Comment