Sunday, May 18, 2008

Iris walk

Out with camera in hand this morning to work with the bearded iris I noticed a few houses south of Curt’s place. Unsuccessful. Another approach suggests itself.





First real day in the garden. Weeding and weeding and weeding and all I have done is reveal the remaining weeds! It could take days to clean up this little patch of yard I’m claiming. Extended my weeding beyond this patch into the landlord’s gardens – just because it felt necessary. The south side of the house, where she had said she intends to plant vegetables (and directly outside my living room windows, and I mean DIRECTLY as my windows are at soil level) has gone untouched and is full of 4-5 foot high weeds. It is mid-May and the soil is overdue for preparations. I didn’t pull them as there wasn’t enough room in the yard-waste bin. In my mind’s eye, I recall the seed packets that wait for me in the utility room and decide to reserve a small area of the ‘lawn’ for my vegetables.

Soon I will head over to Travgor’s to turn the compost bin. From there a visit to Fremont Abbey to dismantle the stage.

No comments: