Friday, May 23, 2008

Black crow

(Entered this the other day but forgot to hit 'post'!)

Mesmerized by a large black crow today. I have the window seat at the café and he turned up pecking into the trashcan by the door. It was a discarded plastic bag with the remnants of someone’s lunch that was the bird’s prey. Several times he got very, very close to success when a café patron would interrupt progress. There is something fascinating about a creature using its instincts and skill on habitat designed for man, not bird.

The café stop is a break from preparing and mailing the Palo Alto gallery shipment of prints. Unfortunately, each of the prints in the shipment needed a second printing as the first printing revealed something that had not been detected in the earlier, smaller versions. In once case I was forced to go back to the raw file to retrieve image detail that had been lost in the processing of the image. Glad to have that detail still available!


~~~

Choco rang and suggested we walk. She took me to Ravenna Park – and what a wonderful find! Ferns and iris and whatnot. Cool and subdued under a high canopy of trees. Places of quiet like this - in the middle of an urban environment – are essential. I hope to make this a frequent destination.

Inspired by Choco’s garden, on arriving home I set about to plant the seeds I’ve been hording. Salad greens, melons, herbs, and cherry tomatoes were tucked into the little seeds trays I’ve been saving. Now for patient care.

No comments: