Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sewing

More job applications today.

Experimenting with ways to improve the quality of my sleep. My examination so far has shown that my preferred and most comfortable position- on my tummy with pillows tucked under me to allow a gentle fetal slope – isn’t really the best for sleeping. It often fuels my imagination and thinking – and I basically fall asleep out of a mental exhaustion, not because I’ve relaxed. I have noticed that lying on my back has the best chance for quieting the mind – but I have trouble actually falling asleep in that position. I have lain there for more than an hour at times trying to fall asleep – only to give up and turn over. I mentioned this to N and she made a suggestion that I tried last night. I was able to fall asleep after a while, but woke up about 90 minutes later feeling as though I never fully fell asleep. Tried again and slept until 5 minutes before my alarm with a dream still in my awareness.

And a strange dream it was: I’m in an unfamiliar place. A woman is there looking for her daughter. Somehow, I know where her daughter is. She is right there, but not. It is as though she has moved into another realm that exists alongside the one her mother and I inhabit. Her mother doesn’t believe me, so I tell the daughter to apply a white paint to her fingernail (somehow this paint is visible in both realms.) The daughter does it and her mother sees it and now believes me. I tell the daughter she has a choice about which realm she is in and offer to tell her how to return to this one. She considers this and decides to stay where she is. She is out reach now, and the mother finds that none of her ways of managing her daughter apply any longer.

~~~~
D came by yesterday after my Wallingford meetings. He came to pick up the lighting gear I’m loaning for a photo session on Thursday. To return the favor, he brought his sensor cleaning kit and cleaned the sensor on my Canon. Since he wanted me to see what a good job it would do, we took a before and an after photo of a white wall. This morning, I downloaded those image files and looked at them closely – and noted a ‘smear’ across the ‘after’ image. I sent D the image files. He encouraged me to take it into a camera repair place in Ballard, where I learned that the sensor had been damaged. Ouch! We are now investigating getting the manufacturer to assume responsibility for the damage caused by their product.

D also brought a large quantity of white nylon fabric – two lengths that he needed sewn together to create a very large softbox he needs for the photosession.

Sewing

fabric folds

And the new CafePress Tuning the Air T is now available:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.