Wednesday, April 2, 2008

the imposter cat

As he often does, Melvin snoozed in my lap at the morning sitting, At the end, when I looked down at him, he seemed like another cat. It was as though an imposter cat had slipped in. A moment later this impression changed and Melvin was Melvin again. Weird.

The Behemoth still fails to perform consistently – which makes troubleshooting even more difficult. Tonight, I just managed to print out the A-frame posters required for the Tuning The Air season. Doing yoga stretches in the living room while the prints chugged away, I could hear the printhead dragging across the paper - waiting with the dread to hear that all too familiar sound it makes when it comes to a halt mid-print. Out of the three attempts, this happened once. Still, it is a relief to have this done.

The shipment of prints from the Houston gallery arrived today. Reviewing the inventory statement, I see that more than a dozen prints are unaccounted for. After a little research, I scanned in the signed consignment sheets for the missing prints and emailed them back, asking for their help in determining where these prints are. The reply I received indicates that they are taking responsibility for the prints and will investigate.

No comments: