Friday, April 18, 2008

Publicity crisis

Excellent feedback today from Nancy and Gitta on my Gates Foundation application. I submitted it today! Would everyone reading this please cross fingers and toes for me?

A publicity crisis arose when the Seattle Times listed Tuning the Air on their entertainment calendar for tonight. How nice to get in the calendar! How unfortunate to be listed incorrectly! I contacted the paper to arrange for a correction and prepared a poster to be hung at the door tonight. Curt made a note on our website and just dropped by to take the posters over to the abbey. What fun.

With my camera enroute to repair-land, I find myself in temporary possession of a G9, courtesy of D. It is unfamiliar territory and requires some retraining on my part. It has one endearing quality my Canon lacks, it is relatively silent. However, I am uneasy using it because it isn’t mine. It I should damage or lose it, well, it would not be good. The responsibility has an edge to it that responsibility for my own gear does not.

Met with MB at lunch to work on guitar primaries. First Primary alternating 16th notes and triplets. While I could play along with her, I couldn’t get the feel of the triplets. Then, work on right hand exercise – a variation of the Second Primary. There is something about working with someone, entraining and aligning with them, that has a special quality. Our work with the Second Primary variation was like that.

No comments: