Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another Fremont Abbey night

Bitterly, bitterly cold this morning. Preparing to drive over for the morning sitting, I found my car door frozen shut. Fortunately a good pull got it open. But then the frozen window wouldn’t budge. And since I couldn’t see out of it, and couldn’t lower it, that was a problem. Poured a pitcher of tap water on the door and the windshield to warm the ice up a bit – which worked.

~~~~

Purchased two thermometers yesterday so that I might give the landlord objective data regarding the temperature of my apartment. When I woke this morning, the bathroom was 55 degrees, the kitchen 62 degrees. As I was getting ready to leave this morning, the furnace came on.

A long, long day yesterday. At the end, sitting at the High-Life with CG, TM, IA, and IK reviewing our work at Fremont Abbey, my head kept drooping in fatigue. I have concerns that the house isn’t going to have its act together by opening night.

Yesterday, my dentist at the UofW called and said she could slip me into her schedule today, so the morning was spent in the dentist chair for Root Canal - Part I. Part II comes in two weeks. My face is numb and my body worn.

~~~~

Dropped by Fremont Abbey to review a few things from last night’s tech session with Nathan. A mix of good and bad news. The curtains planned by the house team won’t fly because they’ll obscure the exit sign. Plus, we still don’t have final resolution of the curtains Nathan is planning to install in the southwest corner of the room. But everything else was fine.

~~~~

First meeting at Wallingford tonight after an Easter break. A deep, deep sitting.

~~~~


A few images from last night's work at Fremont Abbey:



No comments: