Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday at Golden Gardens

A new coffeeshop! I met JanetteR for coffee at Cafe Fiore on N 85th St. and 32nd Ave NW...


...and then we took a walk down by Golden Gardens. A strange blustery day in Seattle. Snowcapped mountains of the Olympic peninsula in the distance and sailboats.


Noticed an interesting building - that immediately suggested itself as a performance location. I have no idea what this building is or if it is available, but I plan to investigate. Like many things, it is a longshot.





Since it is a near-certainty that my stay in Seattle is extended (income production pending...) I decided it was silly to postpone moving given how unhappy I am in this place. So I spent an hour on Craigslist last night and found a number of places to check out. After visiting with JR I took my sheave of printouts, and began looking at places. Two of the stumped me - I couldn't find the addresses where I thought they should be. It turns out there is a mysterious anomaly in the otherwise elegant order of streets/addresses in Seattle. It forced me to go home and engage Googlemaps. On a lark, I checked Craigslist again to see if there were any new listings that met my criteria - and there was one with an open house today. I printed the new listing and headed out. My route took me to the other addresses first and then I stopped at this new listing. A basement apartment underneath an owner-occupied house. On the border of Ballard and Crown Hill. Not exactly where I wanted to be, but not far off the mark either. About the same amount of space I have now (without the loft) for a little less money. A barely technical 2-bedroom. No lease commitment. Utilities are included, which makes it even more of a bargain. Gardening space available, off-street parking. A utility room. Apparently good sound/climate insulation. And the owner immediately liked me.

I should have an answer tomorrow.

As always when I consider moving, the behemoth is the biggest challenge.

No comments: