Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday

So much to catch up with this week.

Monday night the Tuning the Air team visited Theater4. The space was very cold and after a short break Bob returned with his gloves on. We had a good laugh when he attempted to play with them.
Bob demonstrates a new picking/fretting technique

The team had a mixed response to Theater4 - ultimately resulting in a hastily called meeting on Wednesday to make a decision about the space. A good beginning of a necessary conversation for the team. While we agreed NOT to pursue Theater 4 - leaving us without a venue for the impending season - I think a new energy and sense of ourselves emerged from the meeting. We'll meet again this coming Monday to continue the conversation.

Venue or no venue, work on the poster continued.
The most recent draft of the TTA poster draft.

His Wolfeness emailed me about the contrail in the cloud photo, so I took it out. Also swapped out a few of the player images, tightened up the type and included more of the guitar neck so that the overall ratio of the design was balanced. This required going back to the original guitar and cloud photos and re-creating the effect. I think the design is ready. Now, to locate a venue so I can add dates and an address.

~~~~

On Tuesday, I met with SteveB to discuss my job search. He provided excellent resume advice - though I'm having a difficult time implementing it. It requires yet another thorough revamping of the resume. It will include an online portfolio that I have begun to draft. A huge undertaking, but necessary. I may enlist some help in reviewing it before making the link live.

~~~~~

Kelly's birthday was this week. I decided to send the budding baker some of my favorite baking tools as a birthday gift. This week also marks the 50th anniversary of a personal event of great significance.

~~~~~

Eight for morning sitting at Trinity. During calisthenics, we worked on (what I call) the double arpeggio exercise at my request. It has been awhile since it had been included, and I wanted to understand it better.

The House Circle was an arduous affair for me today. I was struggling with fatigue, which didn’t help the situation. The actual work we did was good and worthwhile (studying and practicing the individual beats of Asturias.) Yet, the session was labored. I found myself asking myself how much longer I can endure it. Later, when a subset of this team met with Curt, we were not ready for him. We were unprepared to really make use of the time with him. Partly this is because there doesn’t seem to be any ‘we’. This isn’t just a matter of the participation changing from meeting to meeting, as will happen with coordinating the schedules of six people. There seems to me a lack of coherence and shared aim. The performance project lost steam as target dates came and went without much comment. It would be easy to say the group lacks leadership, but it is more than that. I have an opinion, but not necessarily an insight about this.

A baked potato and steamed broccoli with a bit of grated parmesan became a late lunch/early dinner. Then, a much needed nap.


No comments: