Monday, February 4, 2008

A grand Stop!

Little sleep last night. Inexplicably intense pain that defied aspirin, then defied the pain medication the dentist prescribed. It eventually gave way to naproxen sodium, the very compound that paid my salary for more than 20 years. Being very careful about not taking too many things at once, I waited hours between each, which means I didn't get to fall asleep until well after 4am. (It was 4:15 the last time I checked the clock.)

A full 'to-do list' this morning. Mid-way through the list, my wireless network stops working. A simple reboot of the device doesn't fix it. After locating cables, I connect the wireless box directly to my iBook and get a signal. OK - that means I'm getting a good signal from Qwest and that my router is working and that at least part of my wireless box is working. I dig out my HP laptop (since the wireless router doesn't support Mac/OSX) and fireup Firefox. It immediately connects to the setup and asks for my password. I give it the login and password I used when I set up the security on the box a few months ago and it accepts it. OK, that means it hasn't lost any of my old set up info. So I change NOTHING and simply hit 'apply' to in effect re-apply the configuration. Checking back over on the iMac - I now have a wireless signal through my private wireless network. It is 'fixed' though I 'fixed' nothing, only nudged it. Technology is such a mystery. Now to put away the cables and laptop....

More poster tweaking:


...and more job hunt activities. Nearly all the applications I made over the last few weeks are still active and in review.

And tonight a test rehearsal at a potential new venue in Seattle Center.

~~~~~~

A grand Stop!

No comments: