Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Christmas tree becomes Valentine tree becomes St Patty's tree- what next?

Kashmir on the café stereo.

The walk up Phinney Ridge this morning took me past a house I have passed several times before. During the Christmas season, the tree in front of this house was decked out with silver ornaments and lights, in a manner just outside the boundary of tasteful and into gaudy – but only just barely gaudy. In early February I passed this house again and found the tree covered with small valentine hearts. Today, it was prepared for St Patrick’s Day. I'm interested in what this tree will look like in April.




Last week, following up with the UofW Dental school, I learned that my case was accepted but that the next appointment would be in April! My exact words are lost on me, but I said I was distressed to learn only now (after investing several weeks in applying) the timeframe for this process. I made clear that pain was a daily reality. The woman offered to put me on a waiting list for cancellations.

This morning the phone rang and I was informed a cancellation had opened up an appointment for tomorrow morning at 9am. Not perfect timing since I’m making an airport run at 4am, but I’m gladly taking it.

No comments: