Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pillars of Awesomeness

On Tuesday evening, Travis and Curt and I met at Jaxie's to experiment with fabric for the new TTA set design at CHAC. The fabric is a white, shimmery material that is both highly reflective and somewhat translucent. These are intended for what Travis has dubbed 'the pillars of awesomeness'.




After several days of preparing files... (Remember those files I worked so hard to adjust to make them printable? Well, now I had to adjust backwards to make them viewable while still maintaining integrity to the print.) ...yesterday and today I created two new portfolios (Summer Light) for my website. Paul's instructions (and well-designed web site) made this quite possible. I will make some fine tuning adjustments over the next few days and then post a news items about these when I feel they are ready for attention. In the meantime, I have asked several photographer friends to take a peek and let me know what they think of my arrangement.

~~~

The continuing saga of the TTA venue search: Dropped by this property today to see if it is suitable for TTA. It is not - it has two load-bearing pillars, one just about in the middle of the space.



Here at my live/work space, my desk door 'neighbor' is a healing center that, among other things, uses sound to facilitate healing. Here's Paul in the room that is opposite the western wall of my place. Often, during the day, I will hear this large gongs as they work on clients. Fortunately for me (since I am so sound sensitive) I find these sounds pleasant. Today they had an open house and I got to drop by and even get a taste of the work they do. (No that isn't me on the table - the photo is from their website.)

No comments: