Friday, September 7, 2007
Gallery search
A few weeks ago, Gitta sent me info about an upcoming photography exhibit here in Seattle. The exhibition opening was yesterday and I decided to go and check the place out. Drove south on 99 and just before my exit, I found myself in a massive jam. It took nearly 20 minutes to go less than a quarter of a mile thanks to some event emptying out of one of the big arenas. I knew the gallery was nearby, so I parked the car as soon as I cleared the exit and walked out of the traffic jam. The Goooglemap I'd printed said I'd be within blocks, and according to the addresses I saw, that should have been true, but I think this is a case where 1st St South and 1st St. create confusion. After walking a while, a passerby I consulted pulled out his web enabled cell phone and assured me I was two blocks away. Four blocks later, I called Gitta and had her give me the phone number. I called and got voicemail, but left a message anyway with my cell number. The directions I got then were pretty amusing too, though I managed to find the building anyway. The show was interesting, but I'm not sure it was worth all that. At least I can now say I've been to Pioneer Square.
No comments:
Post a Comment