Sunday, September 23, 2007

leaf & Lake

Sunday morning walk at Greenlake:

Leaf Lake

Saturday - yesterday - was intense. 8am calisthenics with Curt and Taylor. Curt's suggestion a few days ago to work with the A major scale paid off. A rapid tempo. A drone pattern of four notes - the open A. Then the first of these four is replaced with the successive notes of the A major scale. We travel up and down many times. Then Curt begins to call out changes. 'flat the 7th' I can barely make out what he says, but I make the adjustment. He proceeds to flatten other notes - in a pattern I do not recognize nor remember, but the work I've done helps me keep up anyway. Then, the adjusted notes are adjusted back gradually. I find this the hardest - how to remember which of the intervals are still diminished and which not yet. Then Taylor begins to play a third above our notes. Later Curt makes some other shift (a fifth?) It remains a challenging, but for the first time, thoroughly enjoyable calisthenics session.

Later, Taylor, Curt and I head to Vera's for a big breakfast to tide us over for the workday at CHAC. The session at CHAC is mixed . We have many surprises, some good and some not so good. The set design issues take precedence over all the other considerations, so Igor K and I are only able to address some of the issues we must address together for the 'house'. After four hours, we are all pretty beat, but at least we have a sense of what will be required to set up the set.

~~~~

Spent a chunk of today working on printing some of the new images that have been emerging from my camera.

No comments: