It includes an invitation to add your name to the list of women who are troubled by and concerned about Palin's selection. Rather than repeat the whole thing here, I'll provide this link. That blog has turned into quite an interesting collection (including Margaret Sanger's grandneice and Gloria Steinem.) Check it out!
For weeks now I have been planning to sign up for the Ballard Pool. It is 5 minutes from my place (driving) and about 20 walking - and would answer my quest for exercise. I dropped in last week to check out the facility and peek in on a water exercise class. I was a little disappointed to see a pool full of mostly overweight women. I thought it couldn't be very effective exercise if this is the result. But the young woman at the desk assured me it was a workout. After a week of procrastinating, I finally went down with my swimsuit and dropped in on the water exercise class. Today I found more women my age and similar condition (must have been the Labor Day holiday) and I also noticed that for some, it is a purely a social event and they pretty much ignore the fellow at the front of the pool who was leading the group. I'm not sure how aerobic it is, but it does address the muscles and that is worth something. The music is more than a little annoying (one of the reasons your standard aerobics have never appealed to me.) but the water is beautiful. I kept finding myself distracted by the shimmering surface. The sessions are mid-morning - which is a difficult time to pull myself out of my work. But I will try it for another few weeks and see how it feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment