Saturday, September 13, 2008

It is 6pm and I'm already exhausted

Up very late last night with TTA work. First order of business was the design of the program. I prepared two versions. One is exactly as planned. The other one is an attempt to provide a map of the performers in the credits/company listings. (An idea CG characterized as 'dopey' but that I feel has merit.) Surprisingly, the second one - the 'dopey' one - was easier than the first - largely because Jaxie had a very specific way she wanted the indenting of the credits to appear and InDesign was uncooperative about letting me do it and I was forced to 'format' it mostly 'by hand'.

Here, in my 'circular' presentation of the company credits, there was very little formatting required - just a big circular text container.


The rest of the evening was devoted to printing on the Behemoth. But first, cartridge replacement and paper swap. And calibration. And creation of a printing profile for the new paper. The printing gods were with me because my yellow ink cartridge mysteriously got very low (and I don't have a replacement on hand) - yet I managed to print more than 40 square feet of prints over the evening and have 8 milliliters of yellow left. A little too close for comfort.

Banner 56'x22"

So I began the day today with less than a full tank of energy.











Met at CG for morning sitting and then headed over to Jenny's for a SusBallard work party. We silkscreened 2nd-hand t-shirts bought at the Goodwill. I have never silkscreened before - so just learning something new made it worthwhile.

Slipped away around 1pm to headed back over to CG's for the house guitar circle. Sagging energy levels were evident here. I'm not even sure I can explain what we did - and not because it was complicated. The time went by remarkably quickly and very soon I was back at the work party - where they were mostly done and just cleaning up. Jenny has chickens - and these birds wandered around underfoot like some dogs do. So the clean up was made amusing by the presence of these funny birds.

And here's a photo I took of Scott and his young son. Scott is the graphic designer working on the festival - and the lead for the silkscreening booth.

No comments: