Wednesday, September 3, 2008

TNMT on Phinney Ridge!

Today there was no doubt. When the alarm went off, it was dark outside. After a few moments, the pre-dawn light began to soften itself into the room.

The car started without incident and after the sitting, I headed up Phinney Ridge. To ensure that I got some exercise, I chose a path that was mostly uphill and not likely to produce photographic detours till I would reach the top. The strategy worked well, but for one minor exception:
From later in the walk:

Home to SusBallard activities and then to MB’s for guitar practice. Ian joined us and we worked together on a series of variations of the ‘anchor exercise’. Muscles in my left thumb that I didn’t know about before revealed themselves in this work.

An evening with spreadsheets organizing volunteers and tasks. Posting Craigslist notices soliciting volunteers and Freecycle notices soliciting materials.

Photographic ideas are swirling, but I haven’t found the right materials to make the ideas manifest. Every now and again, I catch a mental glimpse in my mind’s eye, but nothing yet that I can bring into being as a photograph. I’m looking for the right sort of pigment that I can use to enhance my subject matter. So far, none of the materials I have on hand will work. Keeping an eye open for other ways of achieving the qualities I’m aiming for.

~~~~

Finally, the first ear of corn has appeared. Not a sign of any others on the other plants.

No comments: