Thursday, August 7, 2008

Crown Hill

Since morning sittings at Curt's have been discontinued though August, I've not been walking up Phinney Ridge. And I now realize why I prefer Phinney Ridge to my own neighborhood. It is the hills. Not only do the hills provide an opportunity to get my heart rate going, but they also mean the yards are structured differently on Phinney Ridge. Not as many lawns, since people are gardening in mostly terrace fashion. And that also brings more of the plants to the yard's edge. In Crown Hill (to the north of me) and Ballard (to the south), there are more lawns. And the flowering plants tend to be huddled next to the houses. And since I have a rule that I can't trespass to get my images, I have less material available to me here than on Phinney Ridge.


Awhile back, in order to learn how it worked, I set up Google Analytics on this weblog. And suddenly I noticed a regular reader - and I mean nearly daily - pop up on Vashon Island. I don't know anyone who lives on Vashon Island. Not long ago, the hits from Vashon Island stopped and I began to get hits from Seahurst. I don't know anyone who lives in Seahurst. Why anyone (beyond my friends) would be interested in reading these ramblings is a mystery to me

No comments: