More job applications today. Friday's interviews were both positively strange - for different reasons. Not sure whether I'm the best fit for either job. I wish this process could be a little more predictable and not such a crapshoot.

The angel food cake that refuses to drop. As I was refining my understanding of how to make an angel food cake, Curt mentioned a memory of his mother making angel food cake- how she used to invert the tube ban over a bottle and as the cake cooled, it would slip out of the pan. As you can see, mine never seems to slip out of the pan. Tasty nonetheless. This one (made yesterday for last night's after-party following the last show of the season) came out particularly well. I'd added orange zest and a bit of orange extract and this gave the cake a nice flavor rather than tasting like something you wish you could have with strawberries.

The garden continues to grow. Someone has been trying to trample the Moon and Stars watermelon plants, but so far, they survive. The corn is looking perky, but I am not sure I have enough plants to ensure sufficient pollination. Lettuce, cherry tomatoes and green beens all look good so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment