
Found this in a front yard during my morning walk....

Earl and Giselle are in town this week and last night was the only free night they'll have, so I took the night off from Tuning the Air and went to dinner with them. After dinner, we went to the show and I got to be an audient for the evening! E & G were both impressed with the show. It is very nice and very validating when my conviction about this project is borne out by others.

Finally got a press write-up this season
I can't decide what is more impressive about this group—their astonishing collective precision or the seating arrangement of eight guitarists surrounding the audience. It's like being inside a giant zither; strums, chords, and melodies not only sail over your head, but tilt and rotate around you. The music ranges from winning covers of "Kashmir" and Brian Wilson's inconsolable lament "In My Room" to pieces influenced by the classical guitar tradition, flamenco, and progressive rock. Arrive early for a plum seat in the center.
-Chris DeLaurenti
The Stranger
The Stranger
No comments:
Post a Comment