The last sitting in the space was a surreal bon voyage of sorts. A large gathering was taking place in adjacent rooms, which meant chatty, party-like conversation out in the hall – where I’m sure no one suspected that behind that red door to room 329 were eight individuals in meditation. Then, the force of power tools rose up through the walls from somewhere two floors down. It was as if the space was already re-absorbed and re-inhabited by the Trinity community. This certainly cut through any inclination to nostalgia anyone might have for the place. At the end of the sitting, I observed a simple, and disarmingly moving manifestation of gratitude to the place. I saw a form of love.
During rehearsal, I sat in with Ian and MB for a meeting about house issues. Then a quick trip home to check on a Craigslist posting for lighting gear that Travis had noticed earlier in the week. Back to Trinity in time to catch the last few minutes of rehearsal where the team was running through the set list. Tears for the second time today to hear the team from this place in this circle in this room - feeling the force this experience has had on my life.
Next, practical matters move to the front. My car and Curt’s get loaded up with items destined for Goodwill. Back to load up again with items that will either be stored or taken to the Fremont Abbey Arts Center. Final clean up and painting the floor. A stop at home to unload some things and then over to Travgor’s for the final painting sessions with the risers. This time, it is the black trim that gets painted. I clean the seven brushes and the painting task is complete. Dinner and a movie with the painting gang in the hopes the risers will be dry enough by the end of the movie to load into cars, but fatigue sets in and I decide to leave early with a plan to return tomorrow to load the car with fully dry risers.

Curt gets a kick out of Taylor's technique for moving across the freshly painted floor to close the windows.
No comments:
Post a Comment