Friday, October 24, 2008

And then there were nine.

A good show last night. Ian was included in the performance team, and while it wasn’t exactly his debut (that happened at Raft Island) this was the first time we had to accommodate him in the set and lights. Travis chose to use the lights previously assigned to Curt and Chris to illuminate Howard, Curt & Chris. Practically speaking this meant Curt had no blue lights on him. Meleah compensated by using the lightest touch of red. The result was that during the ‘all-blue’ portions of the show, Curt was lit with red and this gave him a diabolical air. Not menacing, but definitely mischievous. For the encore, Curt led the team in some impromptu whizzing. His whizzing style can sometimes produce false signals. (I learned this when I was to his right in one of the last circles at Raft Island and I saw it again last night. His wrist and arm move, but he doesn’t strike the strings.) So, there were a few moments of uncertainly, but overall the team projected a sense of having fun and enjoying themselves. (This assessment comes from audience comments.) The encore may be a good place for the whizzes for now – at least until the whiz controversy blows over.
Jax: 'And then there were nine.'

Calls from HP confirm that a service call will be place on Monday morning. Another call just now informs me that I have an interview on Tuesday for the document management gig.

Helped Travis with his move this morning and then dropped by the Travgor compound to begin hauling the compost bin out of there. A bounty of earthworms throughout the compost! I icked Igor out when I shared this bit of news with him. He was surrounded by the drum kits he is hurriedly finishing work on in anticipation of a big drum sale he is planning for this weekend.
Travis' new home (He lives on the 2nd floor.)

Igor repairs a drum kit

Back home again, finding a place to heap the unripe compost required a bit of yard work. And once I was in the yard, the project expanded to address a number of postponed activities.

Now to prepare for tomorrow’s photo session….

No comments: