

Spent much of the day at the computer preparing Tuning the Air publicity materials. That and the first steps of job hunting.
~~~~
At Trinity center this morning for 8am guitar calisthenics. Later the larger team gathered for circulations. Those of us who went to the course in Massachussetts, shared what we'd experienced with those who did not go. Bill R. shared a circulation that I missed. (No doubt it was one of the days I was working in the kitchen.) After about 90 minutes of various approaches to circulating, we took a break and the TTA musicans circled up for their first rehearsal for the fall season. Andrew was missing, so pieces requiring the full team were not addressed. It was beautiful to watch the team warm up. They began with Onyx, which was a little clumsy, but nonetheless rollicking. By the time the Turkish Suite was over it mostly felt as though there had been no break. Yes, some parts were rough and even entirely forgotten, but something remained whole despite these roughnesses. Eleanor Rigby was stunning even with gross mistakes.
During the break, I assembled the A-frame with the new enlarged posters I printed up yesterday. And got an idea for the funky wooden sandwich board....
Los Pedro is playing tonight at Yanni's. Looks like a night out.
No comments:
Post a Comment