Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A detour in Boston

Arrived home late last night from Boston. I'd spent ten days in Royalston Massachussetts attending the Special Circulation Project at Camp Caravan.

Storms in Chicago delayed my return by one day. United put me up at the Logan Hilton and I had a chance to stroll through Boston's Beacon Hill for a few hours while waiting for my rescheduled flight.

51 Hancock St., Beacon Hill


Latte & Croissant in Beacon Hill

Finally at 10:20pm Monday night, I arrived at SeaTac. Igor was there to pick me up and found himself in a phenomenal trafic jam despite the late hour. It took him nearly an hour to get from the airport cell phone lot (where cars can wait for a cell phone call from their arriving passengers) to the arrivals curb. It was mayhem!


I am still not used to associating SeaTac with 'coming home', always expecting the familar outlines of the SF Bay geography to come into view. More study of this lanscape is required for me to 'know' it.

In the next few days, I'll back-post an entry or two about the course.

No comments: