Friday, July 27, 2007

what a week!

Jaxie's house was painted this week. As you can see she is happy with the result. I had dropped over there on Wednesday morning to get some guitar practice in before the evening meeting with guitars. And in the evening, I finally got to sit in a real-honest-to-god circle meeting as folks from the team who are planning to attend the course in Massachussetts got together to prepare for what is in store for us. Curt put me what he called the 'hot seat' - which meant I had to begin each circulation. Oddly, I find that an easier position to inhabit, so I was grateful.
~~~~

The Tuning the Air team faces an interesting challenge. A broker has approached us with an offer on a property that we looked at earlier this month. A huge space with great potential over on Capitol Hill. It came down from about $5K a month to $3200. A real steal for what it is. But $3200 a month? I can’t imagine where we’d get the money to take on that sort of financial obligation. There are a handful on the team who are capable of seriously considering this option, and I am supporting them as much as I am able, but my deeply ingrained insecurity about finances is activated. That, plus my care for this team. The heat that sort of number produces could become a real cauldron for us, for better or ill.

No comments: