Today, the loft came into being. It will still require a few refinements, but the foundation of the structure is in place. The crew I asked to help work on the project turned out to be the perfect configuration for a task like this. Repeatedly I found myself in awe of a kind of alchemy that was taking place.
Before
After the job, we had pizza and relaxed a bit. Then I started trying to make it into liveable space...
I have an Ikea table - and in trying to move it into place under the loft and resetting the leg height, something went wrong and the leg refuses to lock into place now. So I went to the Ikea website and tried to ask my question about these legs in various ways, but all it's online customer support tool would do is bring up product pages that provided no detailed information. Finally - in exasperation, I typed:
"This tool is useless!"
It replied, "My design prevents me from empathizing with this sentiment. What would you like to know about IKEA?"
I tried again with another question, and again found myself typing:
"Like I said, this tool is useless."
It replied, "I can see that. Well, as long as you keep talking, I'll keep responding."
Weird!



No comments:
Post a Comment