Wednesday, January 28, 2009

a pilgrimage of sorts

For more than 20 years I have been a mail order customer of the art supply store Daniel Smith. In that time, the company impressed me with the variety of high quality materials and good customer service. They haven't made the transition to the web as well, and that, combined with the fact that I own enough quite enough artist supplies that I have need of almost nothing, has made me an infrequent customer.

Yesterday, finding myself in the southern end of Seattle (I needed to buy a replacement bulb for the modeling light in one of my strobes.) I remembered that Daniel Smith was nearby and decided to drop in. Given the wide range of supplies available in their catalog, I was expecting a warehouse filled to the brim. But it turned out to be a modest store, with an emphasis on the practical.



The only item I purchased is a Golden Acrylics medium to experiment with. I want to see if I can seal digital prints sufficiently to paint over them....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah! That was exactly my expectation and response the one time I visited the store. "Wait... isn't this supposed to be Disneyland?"