Saturday, December 20, 2008

Getting ready for the storm

A small caravan went to Fremont Abbey this morning to load out all the Tuning the Air show 'stuff' - except for the risers and lights. It took far less time and half the cars than we'd prepared for, so we ended the caravan at Vera's for a ritual Seattle Circle breakfast. From there each of us went our way. My way was to Ballard Market which was jammed with shoppers. Thursday's snowstorm was enough to bring Seattle to a near halt - and apparently that storm was barely a dress rehearsal for what is to come tonight - and it seems everyone was at the market to stock up.

My needs were few (bananas, cheese, canola oil) and I miraculously found a line that had only 10 people ahead of me when I queued up.

Once home, I prepared a small package and walked to the post office to mail it off to Michigan. The snow started falling again - a disarmingly light snowfall. The forecast indicates we should expect 5-8 inches before the night is over.


What fun, huh?

No comments: