First order of business was to find out if I can make a decent print on this HP behemoth. Discovered a few quirks in the HP utilities. For example, after calibrating the sample paper that came with the printer, the print utility insisted on assessing that paper profile as 'out of date', though it displayed April 24, 2007 as the date of the last calibration. I decided to ignore this and proceed with a print:

And here's the finished print (with a 4x6 card included for scale):

This particular paper is incredibly fragile to scratches and bend marks. I carried it by its edges over to the table by the window to make this image - a distance of less than 20 feet , and it already shows creases. I will try a heavier paper later.
2 comments:
I haven't seen that image before. A new one?
Yes, that image was made this past fall.
Post a Comment