
Last night was my second Weekly Workshop. Igor A leads these sessions and last night it was nearly a private lesson as Hank H. and I were the only ones in attendance. Almost an hour devoted to circulating and learning to listen to/for melodies. Then counting Trapiche. Counting is not my favorite thing and it was pretty difficult for me last night because the tempo we worked at was faster than I can play this piece.
~~~~~~
Working on an upcoming presentation at the Mac store in SF. Here's the blurb Gail wrote for the event. I wish we'd been consulted before she turned this in (especially since she spelled my name wrong in the original.) But I trust that I and my co-presenter will find a way to have fun with this.
Visions from The WELL
May 31, 2007 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
The Apple Store in San Francisco
Free event
Bouncing between science and art, Scott Ashkenaz studied Imaging Science at RIT, but kept up with photography. He now does travel photography, often shooting with infrared or constructing 360-degree panoramas.
Christina Florkowski creates her photographs by traditional film, printing and handpainting methods, and is equally adept at creating imagery through digital capture. She is also quite interested in the role artists play in our communities, and the many challenges facing artists in contemporary society .
Ashkenaz and Florkowski host the ongoing photo conference at The WELL, the legendary online community at www.well.com. Come see their work and learn how digital communities can support digital artists.
~~~~~
The sun never quite came out today, but for a time in the morning it was a least bright.
The sun never quite came out today, but for a time in the morning it was a least bright.

No comments:
Post a Comment