OK, so what are the pencils about?
Well, they are about the extravagant birthday gift I bought for myself - a pencil sharpener:
For years I have been using a small, hand-held pencil sharpener. Recently, I was given reason to suspect that the irregular sharpening motions of the hand-held sharpener was at least part of the reason my colored pencil leads were breaking as often as they have . So, for a whopping $11, I decided to go on a spree and buy this nifty little battery powered pencil sharpener. And guess what - it seems to work just fine. I have had only three pencils leads break in the sharpening of all my pencils, whereas in the past, almost every other pencil would break. The ones that are breaking now are likely doing so because the pencil was dropped and the 'lead' has cracked.


I had a wonderful birthday. The evening prior to teh actual date, I was joined for a birthday cupcake and a movie: Prince Caspian. That was quite enough birthday celebrating for me and I was entirely content that night. The following day, on my birthday proper, emails started flying around in the morning notifying various individuals that it was my birthday. By the evening, plans were in place to meet at Travgor's where we ended up having pizza and a rich, dense chocolate torte while watching an Elvis DVD. We also snuck in a Battlestar Gallactica episode before the evening was over.
But that wasn't all! The following evening, after the Tuning the Air performance we met for our usual post-show relaxing at the High-Life and,MB presented a beautiful and tasty raspberry tart that she made and we did the birthday thing again .
~~~
Tuning the Air: Though we haven't completed the current season, I'm beginning early planning for next season. The poster design is one piece of this early planning - and this is the first draft...

There is more to catch up with ( like the job I didn't get) but that is enough for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment